If you are given a church 365 or email address you will need to initialise your account by logging into our office 365 portal before your email and other features will work.
Please follow these steps:
- Login to the church Microsoft 365 portal or login.microsoft.com
- Enter your St Paul’s or All Saints email address and temporary password provided to you already by email
- You are now logged in. On first login you will need to change your password
- Answer security questions – This process will allow you to reset your own password should you need to, and prevents unauthorised access.
- Select the Office 365 App Launcher , and then select Outlook to initialise your emails
- The first time opening outlook you will be asked to confirm your language and timezone settings
- Select the Office 365 App Launcher, and select Teams to initialise your teams account.
- Teams is a fairly new member of the Microsoft Office productivity suite of applications. It’s important you know how to access and use Teams as it is a regular form of communication for Staff and Ministry Leads within the church.
- Visit the App or play Store for your smartphone to install the Microsoft Outlook & Microsoft Teams app by Microsoft. Your church email and newly chosen password will activate them at no extra cost.
- Click here to download Teams to your computer: https://teams.microsoft.com/downloads
- Things work best to use Microsoft apps to access your emails, however you can always access them via the web if you wish:
- Login in at 365.stpaulsletchworth.co.uk
- Select the Office 365 App Launcher , and then select the App you wish to use:
- Teams & Outlook are the main Apps used at church for communication. Online versions of the Microsoft Office Suite are also available, including many productivity tools to support the ministry that you’re part of.
If you require the full versions of Microsoft Office to install on your computer please contact your ministry or team lead.
Your new church email address will be shown on your ChurchSuite account