Waiting for our freedom
This is the latest talk in our series on Freedom.
Below are some homegroup and discussion questions available to support learning and exploration around today's talk.
- Many of us have experienced times of silence in our Christian journey, would anyone be prepared to share their experience of such a time?o What helped/hindered?
- Jeni talked a lot about waiting (intertestamental period/Holy Saturday), and how different Christian waiting is from worldly waiting, what can we do to support one another in our waits
- The Bible says “hope deferred makes the heart grow sick” how do we hold onto the hope that we have in Christ, while we wrestle with the deferral of our unfulfilled hopes
- How do we as Christians combat a culture that feeds the notion that happiness is found in immediate gratification
- Jeni said that God never leaves us, but that He may withdraw his presence for a time. How do we respond to that notion?
- Freedom is ours, and yet the daily battle can feel all too real. When speaking with our non-Christian friends how would we justify this?